Tuesday, November 30, 2010

COUNTING DOWN!!

I am super excited for Christmas this year.  We are doing mostly homemade gifts, which is a lot of work...but so much fun!  The kids are so excited and are working on their homemade gifts for each other.  Our countdowns start tomorrow...

I made a new "advent wreath"...it is an idea I have had stewing in my head for a while...it still needs some tweaking, but it will work this year.  Each box has a magnetic piece of the nativity which will go on the magnetic oval that is hanging in the middle of the wreath...does that make sense??  Each box also has a scripture to read and some candy to eat...should be fun.

We are also continuing an older tradition.  I have wrapped up 25 of our winter/Christmas books.  We will unwrap and read one each night.  The kids love it...it is a great way to end each night and they love being able to unwrap some presents early. 

Oh by the way...don't you LOVE that wrapping paper...I got it 50% off at Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago...huge rolls of super thick, super cute paper...I love me a good deal!!

1 comment:

The Wilson Family said...

SOOOOOOO Cute! YOu are so talented!